i’m prefacing this by saying obviously this isn’t healthy, but it’s better than some drink alternatives. so if i really want to get jiggy with it at a party, this is the type of drink i tend to go with:
- a natural, zero calorie seltzer water. check the ingredients. it should just be carbonated water and natural flavor. pictured above is canfields sparkling raspberry seltzer water
- booze, obviously. i just grabbed something from my bar for the sake of the photo, but for this particular drink, i prefer malibu rum, which comes in at about 50 calories a shot
- crystal light mix. pictured is crystal light’s mocktails flavors, but it’ll work with whatever.
- mix ‘em all up. my favorite mix is about a half a can of seltzer, two shots of malibu and the crystal light margarita mix to taste.
- (you could also be a bamf and just do shots, but that’s not for everyone)
the finished product is actually pretty fucking delicious, and yeah, not healthy, but better than some things. i’d post a picture of the drink, but it’s 3 in the afternoon and i work in an hour, so it’s probably not the best time to enjoy a cocktail. but it’s pretty and green!